Saturday 12 October 2013

(The Legend Of) Miss Baltimore Crabs


Apparently I was channelling Velma Von Tussle from Hairspray on friday.

I was going to have lunch with my sister and made the mistake of not wearing my corset. I unfortunately could not take pictures of my outfit, but I was wearing the following

Outfit:
-Anna House blouse - what's with lolita blouses and the awkward ending just above the waist with a frill? I don't understand!
-Hell Bunny petticoat - black with purple trim. It was covered in cat fur, I did my best to get it off but cat hair is hard to get out!
-a black skirt I have that I wear inside-out under my petticoat since it's a little sheer. Yes, I wear a petticoat under a petticoat.
-Black and white striped tights that I had cut the tops off to make into stockings, along with some cheap leggings I had that ripped the first time I wore them. I tore them up, safety pinned them back together and wear them over my stockings, with suspenders. I wear these all the time!

Makeup:
-Lush Jackie Oats colour supplement (it smells like porridge! suits my Native skin tone perfectly)
-Lush Emotional Brilliance translucent powder.
-Illamasqua mascara (I desperately need some new mascara! you should change it every three months but I'm broke as hell)
-I don't even know the brand of liquid eyeliner. It's from some outlet shop. I love it to death, and ran out of my Illamasqua ages ago.
-Illamasqua Nymph blush, which I love and need to get more of as well.
-Illamasqua Salacious lipstick - my fall-back colour. It's lovely and I wear it more than any other colour since it's a bit pinky and looks lovely with purple or red gloss over it.
-Manic Panic gel eye liner - say what you like about Manic Panic (a long way away from me preferably because I am a huge fan) but I love their makeup. I need more of it, because mine is slightly manky at this point XD

Assorted Ridcullycat, because he's pretty.

We actually went to the Veggie Bar in Fitzroy. It's our general family meeting place. Of course, I'm a chronic overdresser - I always show up like I'm going to a ball or something, and my family are in jeans and a cardigan.

Am I the only one? Is it a goth thing? Please let me know!




2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks brilliant! I love the blouse, I have a couple of Lolita blouses on their way.

    The kitty is adorable!

    I always overdress, unless I am sick and dragging my corpse to the doctor or super late for the bus (ok I often am late for the bust, but I am usually just running into town to get junkfood or buy op shop clothes on these occasions) :P !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I know what you mean. I cant even go to the supermarket without layering on the Goth charm. my mother is always saying I overdress because I'm insecure but I think its just a Goth thing. so what if we spooky folks like to feel gorgeous all the time, right? I love your hair in this pic by the way! (:

    ReplyDelete